Saturday 16 April 2011

Hidden Treasure

I've always been good at demolishing things. Food, wine, relationships...

When I tell JL I'm getting busy with a crowbar he laughs wryly. He remembers the time I pulled down the ceiling in his Chelsea flat then promptly got a job and buggered off on tour leaving him with piles of rubble.

In this instance I am buggering off, to Scarborough this time, but not for a couple of weeks. Plenty of time for a little exploratory work...


I'm just trying to imagine the thought process behind it. I mean WHY? Why brick the fireplace up in the first place? And why hide not one but TWO woodburning stoves behind it?

The chains, I'm reliably informed by my neighbour, were used for cooking. No reason whatsoever why I can't recycle them in the torture chamber I'm planning for the cellar...



Aha! OK, this is starting to make sense. Central heating. Boiler. Flue. No wood burners required.

Now how the feck am I going to hide that boiler flue?

No comments:

Post a Comment